Headteacher Recruitment November 2017
Dates: Apply by noon 4th December 2017, Job start September 2018
Salary: Group 2 - £50,476 - £59,857 (L11 – L18)
Location: Exeter, Devon
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
“The village school in the heart of the city”
Embracing Excellence, Celebrating Diversity, Nurturing Individuality
- Are you someone who believes that all young people deserve the very best opportunities?
- Do you want to work in a friendly, inclusive and supportive community?
- Are you resilient, creative and innovative, and willing to set challenging goals?
The Governors at Newtown are seeking to appoint for September 2018 an experienced and inspirational leader as Headteacher. We are looking for a leader who is able to embrace change and make a difference.
- be supportive of creative ways of working to achieve the very highest academic standards
- be able to inspire your staff with your vision for school improvement
- enjoy working with children of all abilities and cultural backgrounds
- be able to involve parents in their children’s learning
- be keen to work cooperatively with local schools
- be an innovative manager of the school’s resources in these times of challenging budgets
Exeter has been voted one of the top cities to live in the UK and Newtown School is situated in the very heart of the city. Our children are confident, well-behaved and friendly and we are proud of the enthusiasm and creativity they demonstrate and the many cooperative ways pupils and staff work together in this diverse community. There will be a teaching commitment of 0.2 a week.
If you feel you have the enthusiasm, the skills and the knowledge to lead us we look forward to receiving your application.
We warmly welcome informal visits. Please contact Hayley Back in the school office on 01392 255540 to make the arrangements for a tour of the school.
For an information pack and application form contact Babcock LDP on 01392 287296 or
Applications close at noon on 4th December 2017
Interviews 11th & 12th December 2017
The role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post requires an enhanced DBS check.
Devon County Council
Newtown Primary School
Devon EX1 2BP
Telephone: 01392 255540