COVID 19 - INFORMATION AND SUPPORT
2nd March - letter to parents regarding re-opening on 8th March 2021
14th Jan - letter to parents
January 2021 Lockdown arrangements for Newtown
5TH JANUARY 2021 - SCHOOL CLOSURE
Please click into the items below for additional information.
Risk Assessment for school reopening to all pupils on Monday 7th September
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline - this helpline has been set up to answer questions about the virus related to education.
Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline.
- Phone: 0800 046 8687
- Email: DfE.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
You can help to slow the spread of Coronavirus.
Make sure you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and don’t attend work or school
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home
The latest DfE advice on handwashing is that pupils, students, staff and visitors should wash their hands:
- before leaving home
- on arrival at school
- after using the toilet
- after breaks and sporting activities
- before food preparation
- before eating any food, including snacks
- before leaving school
If you’re worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
Please click here to access a NHS video showing the most effective way of washing your hands