Sports Week 2020 13th-17th July
Newtown Sports Week 2020
Instead of our usual Sports Day, we will be holding a Sports Week in the week beginning 13th July. This will provide every child with an opportunity to take part and represent their house team, whether they are in school or at home.
There will be five events:
standing long jump, shuttle run, vertical jump, speed bounce, target throw
If you are taking part at home, please send your results via Class Dojo to your class teacher by 3pm on Thursday 16th July.
You will score the following points for your house team:
1 point for completing an event, 2 points if you are in the top 10 of your year group, 3 points if you are in the top 5 of your year group.
We will announce individual year group winners for each event and an overall winning team on Friday 17th July.
- someone to measure/keep score (pod leader, parent, older sibling)
- pen and paper to record results
- ruler or tape measure
- stopwatch (or mobile phone that has stopwatch)
- ‘wedge’ (rolled up towel/kitchen rolls/toilet rolls)
- balls (one per child)
- a bin-type target (bucket/washing basket/empty box)
- 4 cones (or anything else that can be used as a marker)
Safety: Adults, please check that the area is safe for each activity and that children are not at risk of running or bumping into objects or walls, and that they are able to use the equipment safely.
Please see the links below for details of each of the five events.